Submissions call for Karetsanas (Poetry)
An invitation to Khoi First Nation poets/writers in South Africa and Namibia (and the broader First Nations community) to submit poetry which adds to the global conversation of MISSING AND MURDERED INDIGENOUS WOMEN & CHILDREN.
– Remembering Krotoa
– Remembering Sarah Baartman
– Remembering Tazne Van Wyk, Rene Roman, Veronique Solomon, and the countless women and children who are, daily, suffering at the hands of violence & brutality.
This call for submissions is not restricted to KhoeKhoe Gowab speakers/writers but aims to invoke First Nation poets’ emotional connection and interpretation to the indicated topic.
– Writers may submit 1-2 poems
– Poems may be sent in the following formats: written (WORD or PDF) / video / audio-visual presentation (MP4 or Powerpoint)
– Poems can be in KhoiKhoi, N/UU, Afrikaans, English, or a combination of these languages. (Written translations must accompany each submission)
– Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org AS AN ATTACHMENT – Subject: (Your Name)_KHOI POETRY SUBMISSION. Please use legible fonts with no frills / video submissions must be clear and audible.
– Your name, email, cell number & place of residence must be included AT THE END of your submission document or in the body of your email.
TWO SELECTED POETS WILL EACH RECEIVE R250 CASH FOR THEIR WINNING POEM
– The panel will not engage in any communication other than contacting the selected/winning poets.
– DEADLINE: 20 MAY 2021
The panel may publish poems on all social media platforms after obtaining publicity rights from contributors.